CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

One year ago today...

October 29, 2007, I can't believe it has already been a year since this beautiful lady slipped into the arms of her Savior. My Mamaw left behind such a legacy to live by. This women lived and breathed giving of herself to her family, her church, her community, and her GOD! She was so sweet and gentle to all that came into her presence. Her ambition in life was to always make sure others needs were taken care of before anything else. My heart is full of memories that I will never forget. I am privileged to say that my life as a child and now as a women has truly been touched by her genuine desire to minister to others by giving more than sometimes she even had to give. I miss her today. I was cleaning out somethings on top of my refrigerator and found a letter that I had wrote to her and never mailed. I began to regret never sending that note....and then was reminded that the conversation that I got to have with her before she died was better than any note I could have ever sent to her. Lucy Lambert, I love you and miss you with all of my heart. I long for the day when I to will be with my God my Savior and I will see your sweet face again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet Sunday, she has made an impact on you. I read what you wrote about her and it reminds me of you. Love you!

Brandi said...

oh sweet friend. What a wonderful lady to have been influenced by. I am sad that we were never able to meet her. If she is as special as you, she must have been something else!

Bran

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Doesn't it make such a difference when you know where she is? I love that you are looking forward to seeing her again one day.

Misi said...

Hello Sunday,
I found your blog thru Brandi's. I have a Mamaw too. She sounds just like yours. We are so blessed to have such wonderful role models aren't we? I'm sorry you are missing her but you know she is smiling down on you.... www.legacy-continues.blogspot.com